Sunday, January 24, 2010

NOT dreary in my mind!

It is damp everywhere outside, and the sun is nowhere around to say hello. I look out the backyard and see widespread of water, yes, WATER on the lake! It must be above thirty-two degrees when I woke up this morning, and the neighbors' lights across the lake reflected beautifully on icy water, that dreariness is out of the question this morning. Ugh, it's Sunday, not my very favorite day when there is work the following day. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. There is something in falling snow that makes everything else seem fine, beautifully magical, and romantic. I love that magic is in my mind, even on a dark snowy day. Magic brings hope, and beauty, depending on one's capacity to imagine. Imagination has always been my best friend growing up, and still is a great companion when you want to repaint dreary out of your surroundings into magical icy water overlapping cloud-like snow on the lake. Magical, yes, just like the way I am regenerating reports for a hundredth time this weekend, restructuring and reformatting, deciding on finality, and waiting for them to be printed and sent out, the way they should have been a couple of days ago. Time to move on to the next one, I must say and enjoy the rest of a (hopefully) snowy Sunday afternoon. I wish for a cup of those chocolates de cielo from Davao, I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Cris mwwahhh will send you lots of chocolates de cielo.. misssssss you

    ReplyDelete